Code of Conduct
We are committed to making HaxoGreen 2018 an inclusive and welcoming event for everyone. To accomplish this, we have one very important rule:
Be excellent to each other!
To help us achieve this excellency, we've set ground rules that define what kind of behaviour we consider to be unacceptable during HaxoGreen 2018. Setting these rules makes it crystal clear what we expect from the people attending our wonderful event. They also help us to facilitate an event where everyone can feel comfortable, included and can fully engage in everything we have to offer.
Everyone who visits HaxoGreen 2018 is required to abide by this code of conduct, both at the event and on any online channels. We will not tolerate harassment of participants or discriminatory behaviour of any form. Specifically:
- Do not engage in homophobic, racist, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or otherwise prejudiced behaviour.
- Do not harass people. Stalking, unconsented physical contact, or unwanted sexual attention is harassment. Dressing or acting in a certain way is not consent.
- HaxoGreen 2018 is a shared space, but every participant's personal space is their own. If you are asked to leave someone alone, or to leave their village, you must respect this.
- Some attendees may not want to be filmed or photographed. Always ask for permission first and respect their wishes.
- Aggression and elitism are not welcome — nobody should be afraid to ask questions.
Furthermore attendees with day-passes are kindly expected to leave the campsite latest at 23h/11pm.
If you break these rules, we may expel you from the event without a refund, and we may ban you from future events.
If you are being harassed or witness a breach of this code of conduct, you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
- Find us at the infodesk, NOC or bar.
- Find a member of event staff and let them know.
- Drop us an email at hello (at) haxogreen.lu. If you prefer to specifically speak to a certain gender, please specify this when you contact us.
Finally, HaxoGreen 2018 takes place in an area with beautiful nature all around. We expect everyone to treat the venue with the utmost care and respect. We will not tolerate any kind of vandalism against nature, this includes littering. We are guests in nature, and everyone is expected to act as such.
If you have any comments or queries, get in touch with us at hello (at) haxogreen.lu.
This Code of Conduct is heavily based on the Code of Conduct (if not copied verbatim) from our friends at SHA.