See the SparkShack page at Revspace.
This year we will focus on forging and casting aluminium.
There will be no fixed workshops, but you come and do a few things :
- Come and play with us anytime the workplace is open
- Ask Gori for a forging introduction, this takes about 1 hour one-on-one.
- Ask Benadski for a intro into welding, grinders etc, about 1 hour one-on-one.
- Talk to us about casting things in aluminium!
- Bring 3D printed objects out of PLA, made with very thin walls and very low/zero infill.
- Max volume is 150ml and this includes gas vents.
- See https://hackaday.com/2016/07/20/metal-casting-with-single-shelled-pla-masters/
Most important thing is that if you want to play at the SparkShack, please bring protective clothing. Red glowing steel and molten aluminium are very, very dangerous and can seriously hurt you!
This means :
- Closed leather shoes
- Safety overall or jeans and thick cotton shirt
- Safety glasses
- Leather apron if you have one
- Absolutely no synthetic clothing and/or open shoes (sandals, slippers etc) allowed