See the [SparkShack] page at Revspace.
This year we will focus on forging and casting aluminium.
There will be no fixed workshops, but you can do three things :
- Come and play with us anytime the workplace is open
- Ask Gori for a forging introduction, this takes about 1 hour, and is one-on-one.
- Cast things in aluminium! Bring (under 200ml) 3D printed objects out of PLA, made with very thin walls and very low/zero infill. See https://hackaday.com/2016/07/20/metal-casting-with-single-shelled-pla-masters/
Most important thing is that if you want to play at the SparkShack, please bring protective clothing. Molten metal is very, very dangerous and can seriously hurt you!
This means :
- Closed leather shoes
- Safety overall or jeans and thick cotton shirt
- Safety glasses
- Leather apron if you have one
- Absolutely no synthetic clothing and/or open shoes (sandals, slippers etc) allowed