This is the reciepe for the pancakes created during the Haxogreen 2018 bake-off
Ingredients (for 1 person 6-7 pancakes):
- Flour: 100g
- Eggs: 1
- Milk: 200mL (approx)
- Olive Oil: 1 spoon
- Vanillated Sugar: 4g (1/2 packet)
- Salt: pinch
- Rhum: 1/2 spoon (or equivalent rhum flavor)
- Cooking butter / Butter lard
- apple compote (the kind with the pieces) Best to do this one yourself the day before
- Put flour in bowl
- Put egg on top
- mix a bit
- add half of the milk
- mix good until homogenous
- add vanillated sugar, oil, rhum and salt
- mix more and add milk until dough becomes quite liquid. Check this video for correct viscosity https://youtu.be/iKyHQDUQtqU
- if you get the milk amount right you will end up with that crispy tasty border
Howto pancake (video: https://youtu.be/FQ0rkaUrptw)
- heat pan up to maximum temperature
- put in butter
- lift pan and pour dough in with a rotating movement so the pankake gets as thins as possible
- bake a bit
- spread butter on top
- when underside has a nice brown color (or border shows first brown signs), flip pancake over. The pros do this without a tool by flipping the pan.
- bake other side until it has nice dark brown spots. At this point the crispy border will likely break off.
- fling the finished pankake on plate
- spread sugar all over the pancake
- put stripe with plenty of apple compote through the diameter
- roll pancake up (the pros achieve this using knife and fork). This can be a challenge if the border is crisp.
- cut roll in about 8 sushi style pieces
- put piece in mouth and enjoy the awesome cold (compote) / hot (pancake) sensation with an explosion of vinalla-rhum scent on a crispy border-sugar combo.