m (→Are charcoal BBQs allowed?)
m (Protected "FAQ" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 16:58, 19 July 2016
- 1 Who?
- 2 Where?
- 3 When?
- 4 Tickets
- 5 Photos/Videos
- 6 Cars and Camper Vans
- 7 Open Fire
- 8 Dogs
- 9 Flying objects
- 10 Network
- 11 Power
- 12 Water
- 13 Food
- 14 Waste Disposal
- 15 Social Media
- 16 Preparations
- 17 Not so Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is organizing this?
- HaxoGreen is organized by members and friends of syn2cat. See Contact to find out how to contact them.
Where will it be?
- The camp will take place at the Campsite Belvedère (49° 28' 41" N, 6° 4' 42" E) a campsite of the local scouts near the village of Dudelange south of Luxembourg. For more information see Location.
How do I get there?
- see Location
Where do I find something?
- see Location for locations on and around the campsite.
When will the Camp take place?
- July 28, 2016 to July 31, 2016
- The opening event will be 11:00 on July 28, 2016.
- The closing event will be 16:00 on July 31, 2016.
Can I come earlier?
- Yes, but not earlier than Tuesday 11:00 onJuly 26, 2016 in case you want to help with the build-up.
- If you're not willing to help with the build-up, we're asking you not to come to the camp ground before Wednesday 17:00 onJuly 27, 2016
Are there opening hours?
- The camp will be open 24/4. Arrival during the night will be possible.
- The bar will probably close for the few hours in the early morning, when everybody is asleep.
- see Tickets
Will we be required to wear my wristband?
- Yes, every participant is asked to wear the camp wristband. This will be enforced beginning July 28th, 10 am latest. You can get your wristband at the infodesk from July 27, 2016. If you spot someone without a wristband please ask nicely where the wristband is and if they could please pick one up at the infodesk if they don't have one. Thanks!
- Ask everybody in the picture if they agree to be photographed or filmed.
- It follows that shots from the stage into the audience and long shots in the hackcenters, villages and the other public areas are not possible! Please note that we might ask photographers and film teams to leave, if they don't behave accordingly.
Cars and Camper Vans
Where can I park my car?
- There are a few parking sites in Dudelange see Parking, there will be NO parking on the campsite itself.
Is it OK to drive the car on the camp ground to unload stuff for the village on arrival?
- Depends on when you arrive. People arriving later than Friday the 29th will probably not be allowed to drive on the camp ground. But there is a drop-off spot next to the camp ground and we plan to provide carts and similar means of transportation between the cash desk and the rest of the camp ground.
Is it ok to come with a campervan/caravan?
Are charcoal BBQs allowed?
- No - all forms of open fire are forbidden. Please leave your Charcoal BBQ Grill at home and bring a gas BBQ instead. As mentioned in Power please don't bring an electric grill either.
Could we make a Camp Fire/bonfire (dt. Lagerfeuer) ?
- No - all forms of open fire are forbidden. Only one camp fire at the official fire place will be lit.
Are camping stoves powered by ethyl alcohol allowed?
- We'll provide gas grills for you.
Is it ok to bring my dog?
- Yes, but we have a few rules about this:
- 1. DON'T let your dog mark their territory by peeing at tents or anywhere else on the camp ground.
- 2. Make sure they don't get close to other attendees who might have problems with dogs. Be it by allergy or by phobia.
- 3. Don't bring your dog if they have problems with people. Be it because they get scared in a crowd or by some odors.
- So if you do bring a dog and it causes any trouble then we will ask you to remove it from the camp site.
- Can I bring a sky lantern?
- No, it is forbidden by law to operate flying sky lanterns as they potentially cause fires.
- see NOC
Will there be Gigabit Ethernet in the Datenklo?
- Yes. In the current network-planning each datenklo will have gigabit copper ports available for end-users.
- see Power
- see Water
How will drinking water be distributed?
- There will be water supply stations where you can get water from a tap. You can fill your water bottle at the water supply but you can't hook up a hose.
What about food?
- We ask everybody to bring their own food. There are a few problems we had with providing food in the past:
- 1. We bought the wrong food.
- 2. We didn't buy enough of the right food.
- 3. People brought less expensive food from abroad.
- See POIs for a list of shops which are around 10minutes away from the camp to get food.
- We also hope to sponsor a lot of food workshops to provide everybody with food :)
What should I do with my trash?
- Please avoid producing waste and trash! If you can't you can be very nice and take it with you when you leave or use one of the trash cans on the camp site. Getting rid of trash is not free for us so please don't plan to leave stuff behind when you leave. Especially if you bring furniture, building materials or electronic waste to the camp you need to take it with you at the end!
- Please use the hashtag #HaxoGreen to tag all things related to "HaxoGreen".
- Please do not post any information or pictures on other people anywhere online unless they agreed before. That also means, that you wont be able to e.g. publish a shot of a crowd, unless you blur the faces.
How can I prepare for the camp?
- Besides making a backup of your data nice people compiled a guide with lots of ideas how to prepare yourself and your hardware for the camp. Have a look at How_to_survive.
What should I bring to the camp?
- Besides all the usual stuff you might bring to a camping trip or another hacker camp or meeting remember to bring long (>10m) power cables for outdoor use. And it is also a good idea to bring more female sockets than male sockets in all things plugs.
- See Things_to_bring for an extensive list.
- If you need some piece of equipment, but you cant afford it, or if you have a redundant piece of equipment that you would lend to someone, please consider publishing this here: Shared_Equipment.
Not so Frequently Asked Questions
Please add your further questions here. We will answer them as soon as possible.
- NOT ANSWERED
- count: 0